June 2012 Pop Culture Halloween Costume Power Rankings
It is never too early to begin planning for a Halloween costume, particularly considering the potential gravity of the choice. A knockout Halloween costume can have people talking for weeks, while a lame “rip up some thrift store clothes, put blood and makeup on, and call it a day” will be forgotten while you sweat it all off at a Halloween party.
The following list are the most culturally relevant costumes for Halloween 2k12 as of June.
3.The guys from Workaholics - It’s barely a costume, and at most would require a wig to complete. For bro parties and expensive clubs only.
2. The Joker - Even though The Dark Knight Rises won’t have the Joker, it will remind guys everywhere that white makeup and a thrift store suit can be more than just a zombie costume. There is a thin line between The Joker and Zombie Reagan.
1. Anyone from The Avengers - The film made a ton of money, and the potential for a group costume always helps. It is a relevance multiplier. Except negative points for Hawkeye. Nobody cares.
3. Slutty Secretary of State - Hilary reached the height of her popularity after the Hilary texting meme. Will be a way for girls who still have blackberries to be relevant for one night.
2. Nicki Minaj/Lady Gaga/Rihanna - Essentially some form of leotard with yard sale artifacts hot glued on.
1. Katniss - The counter to the men’s Avengers, Katniss will be a popular costume for girls of all ages. The bow will likely be lost as soon as she enters a party, but the initial commitment when people are more sober is what matters.